Friday, May 22, 2009

Build-a-Bear

While Bryan was home, we also headed to Build a Bear. Yes, Build a Bear. We were the only people in there and boy ... did the saleswoman love her job - and loved that they had business. Good for her. We got an idea from a fellow FRG wife ...

Bryan picked out an animal (he was sure not to pick out a dog in fear that Jack would one day want one ... ), an outfit and did all of the steps to building a bear ... you know - rubbing his heart on your cheek so he's always happy and giving it a huge hug so he's always loved - before stuffing him and sewing you shut. I wish I had my video camera ... Bryan was a good sport; he didn't let the excited saleswoman down. After Bryan picked out the outfit he made it a point to put him in the 3-way mirror of the miniature dressing room so the saleswoman was not disappointed. Really - I think he just wanted to.

We named him and gave him a birth certificate. I suggested 'Pauli the Koali' ... but Bryan wasn't amused.

So ... without further ado ... meet Joe.

Born May 18th, 2009, 15 inches and 5 ounces.



When you press the koala's hand, Joe says - "Hi Jack, it's Daddy - I love you." in Bryan's voice. Jack just loves it. He can't stop staring at him and smiles each time he hears his dad's voice.

2 comments:

nicole said...

Wonderful idea!

Ann said...

That's awesome! What a great thing for Jack (and you)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...