
Why must our soldiers be thanked? For many reasons people don't even think about. Besides dodging bullets, they miss their children grow and live in conditions that lack latrines and showers for months on end. Our veterans have been through and have seen things that we will never imagine; those things will weigh heavily on the shoulders of our men and women for the rest of their lives. Soldiers protect our country.
We owe our veterans more than just 'thank yous' and sales at their favorite store. We are forever indebted to the sacrifices our soldiers make. Until Jack cures cancer, I will hold Bryan on a pedestal of heroism that no one else I know will ever be able to attain. And I will always be proud to be his wife.
We are home of the free because of brave - the bravest of the brave. I am married to one of the finest.
We owe our veterans more than just 'thank yous' and sales at their favorite store. We are forever indebted to the sacrifices our soldiers make. Until Jack cures cancer, I will hold Bryan on a pedestal of heroism that no one else I know will ever be able to attain. And I will always be proud to be his wife.
We are home of the free because of brave - the bravest of the brave. I am married to one of the finest.
4 comments:
I thought I was going to leave a comment. I have nothing to add. You said it all. Stay strong.
The vets in this family are luckier than most.
I agree with Rick - you stated it perfectly. I will only add that in all the dust and rock which covers Bryan's clothes and shoes, I noticed how prominently the American flag appears. I am so proud to be Bryan's mother-in-law and have him as husband to my daughter and father to my grandson. He is an amazing man. Because of his convictions and that of other soldiers, I am able to enjoy the wonderful freedoms available to me as an American citizen. A simple thank you seems insufficient.
Beautiful words Steph! You are right, yesterday I kept thinking...what can we do? Thank yous do seem insufficient and some of us will never truly know what soldiers and their families go through. I still say thank you and always I pray for the Lord's protection for Bryan and your family.
Amen!
Post a Comment