Friday, November 27, 2009

Bryan Says Hi!

Tonight I got to talk to Bryan for a record-breaking 9 minutes. It was the most I've talked to him since he went back overseas. That's 10 minutes total, now. The 'bad guys' have been shutting down the cell towers so our guys haven't been able to use their phones.

Bryan said the amenities there are scarce. Since he's been at his new location, they've built two buildings - one for phones, computers, etc. (They currently have no phone/computer banks) ... and put doors on the chow hall - so they can eat without a draft.
So, to be blunt, he can't use phonecards. If you'd like to send him one for Christmas, you can send it here so Jack and I can call his cell phone - better rate and more cost effective. We can also use Skype credits.
He said it's cold ... he's at 7800 feet? I think? I can't remember. Whatever high in the mountains is. He said they had a good Thanksgiving dinner. Nothing like the old camp - but hey, something is better than nothing. He also said he had a white Thanksgiving.

He says hello to everyone and can't wait to come home.


1 comment:

Melissa Berberena said...

We all can't wait for him to be home too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...