Early Sunday morning (6:45am), Jack and I waited at the Atlanta airport for Bryan to come home. By around 8:30am, the USO finally pulled their booth out - which meant it was almost time. Soon after, soldiers started popping up the escalators from the train below - each one receiving a huge round of applause. I had to choke back tears each time.
Finally, maybe the 11th soldier to come up was Bryan. The USO volunteers graciously met Bryan and tried to shake his hand, but Jack and I cut them off. I feel bad, but also know they understand.
Oh, it was so good to see him in the flesh ... safe from harms way.
We hopped in the truck and made our way back to Statesboro (+/- 3.5 hour drive). Jack slept the majority of the way - but after stopping for gas he was up. Bryan sat in the back with him for the rest of the ride and had some father/son time. Which left me again, choking back tears. I had both of my boys with me - 1st time in a very loooooong time.
Bryan's visit is going to be short; but I wouldn't trade it in for anything.

5 comments:
Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This picture made me a little teary eyed.
Enjoy your time together!
We are so happy for you 3!!!! Love ya!!!
we are so happy for you 3!!
Love ya!!!
Awwww, I'm so happy for you and Jack. Your husband's safety is in the prayers of many people. Enjoy your time together.
That is a great picture! I can't express how happy I am for both you and Jack. :)
We won't be able to make it down to Statesboro this weekend (we have other plans already made) but I can't wait to hear all about all the family time.
Post a Comment