Happy Back to School Day!
[insert photograph of me on my front steps with my backpack]
The 1st day of class my Senior year of college, my parents sent me a care package of goodies with a card that said ... "Happy Last First Day of School." I loved it. But - little did we all know, it wasn't true! Here I am six years later going at it again. (I'm scared shitless) It's been a long time since I've written a paper, taken a test or sat through a class. Hope my ADD is good to me!!
The first class I am putting towards my MFA (Master of Fine Arts) is Modern Art History. I glanced at the syllabus - in a short 5 week summer class I will be writing a 10 page paper, giving a lecture, taking a handful of exams and reading a 848 page book (small print, big pages). Oh yea, and go to work full time and come home and play mom.
And I thought to take an Art History first to 'ease' myself back into the student mindset. Ha.
[insert photograph of me on my front steps with my backpack]
The 1st day of class my Senior year of college, my parents sent me a care package of goodies with a card that said ... "Happy Last First Day of School." I loved it. But - little did we all know, it wasn't true! Here I am six years later going at it again. (I'm scared shitless) It's been a long time since I've written a paper, taken a test or sat through a class. Hope my ADD is good to me!!
The first class I am putting towards my MFA (Master of Fine Arts) is Modern Art History. I glanced at the syllabus - in a short 5 week summer class I will be writing a 10 page paper, giving a lecture, taking a handful of exams and reading a 848 page book (small print, big pages). Oh yea, and go to work full time and come home and play mom.
And I thought to take an Art History first to 'ease' myself back into the student mindset. Ha.
4 comments:
Good Luck Babe! Let me know how it goes, Love Ya!
I just might be joining you in going back to school soon. We will see!
Steph, you will do great. I sent you a text msg this morning - no care package. Didn't know if I shd put USB stick or diapers and formula in it! :-) Hope you had a good day! Love you and am so proud you are continuing your education.
Good for you Steph! And Good luck!
You should be very proud of yourself!!
Post a Comment