Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Happy Birthday to Dadddddddy!

Happy End of August! Where did the month go? We've been really busy on this end. Bryan has been working hard at Ft. Stewart and I have been dealing with the fall semester of school to start - as an employee and a student.

Of course, our biggest event in August was Bryan's birthday. Since he's been working this hot month of July, I'll thank all of you on his behalf. He was showered with cards, gifts and love - we appreciate it.

On Bryan's birthday, Jack and I decorated a overly chocolate cake and headed down to Fort Stewart to spend time with Bryan. Jack was a very good helper. He picked out the decorations, sprinkled on "blue rice", dinosaurs and white nonpareils onto his daddy's cake as I rotated it to get even coverage. Jack at one point dumped the full jar of nonpareils all over the counter. I made him freeze while we listened to the little candy balls bounce all over the house for at least 5 minutes. It's been over a week, I've vacuumed 5 times and I am still finding those little suckers.



The second Jack arrived to Bryan's Bachelor Pad, he wanted to 'see the goats & chickens at daddy's work ...' Poor Bryan - back to work after he'd been working alllll day. I noticed immediately that they only had one chicken when there used to be a handful. Bryan said they had a visitor from a fox ...


Jack loooooooves animals!

Following, we headed to a high class eating establishment in Hinesville called Applebees. It was an adventure. Jack was on his best dining behavior EVER - no sarcasm, seriously.
During our drink order, Bryan ordered a Blue Moon.
Jack immediately says, "I'd like a Blue Moon, too."
We all laugh ... "Silly Jack, you can't have a beer."
"NO," he corrected us, "I have a BOO BOO, too!" And he stands up while trying to pull his pants down to show everyone the welt on his hiney he gave himself previously that day. I thought the waitress was going to die laughing.
Following that, in a nutshell, Bryan came across a raw boneless chicken wing; a huge storm rolled through, cutting the power off inside the restaurant; the generators tried and tried to kick in, the fire alarms kept going off and Jack kept screaming, "We have to get out! We have to get out!" (Looks like someone was listening during his fire drills at school!) Our dinner was average (surprise!) and we headed "home" for some cake!



Helping daddy blow out candles

Jack helped put candles in the cake ...

Hanging out at Daddy's home away from home.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...